Fist of all, I have to say that I’m shocked by the almost unanimously positive online reviews of the new Sidekick 3. I can only assume that they were written by people who didn’t have extensive experience with the Sidekick 2, and who were content to simply regurgitate T-Mobile’s marketing collateral. Reading positive reviews of the Sidekick 3 has been like reading positive reviews of Matrix Reloaded. This review is written by someone who is (or was) a huge fan the Sidekick, and who has been using both the Sidekick 2 and 3 from the day they were each available.
I waited several weeks to write this review to make sure I had some real-world experience with the Sidekick 3. The first one I received was in some indeterminable way defective. About six hours after I started using it, while I was demoing it to someone, no less, the screen went completely black. I laughed at first, assuming I had found a software bug that would soon be fixed in an update, however after turning the device off and back on, soft resetting, and then hard resetting it, I wasn’t laughing anymore. T-Mobile forced me to sacrifice hours of my life speaking with well-meaning but ultimately powerless customer service and support representatives on the phone, the details of which I will spare both of us. The upshot was that I paid a lot of money to have another Sidekick shipped to me right away since once I get my hands on a device, I can’t rest until I’ve learned everything about it.
So now that I’m on my second Sidekick 3, and I’ve spend a few weeks with it in the field, I can honestly say that Danger got more wrong with the Sidekick 3 than they got right. To be fair, I’ll start out with I think they got right:
- The keyboard. I didn’t think it was possible, but the keyboard on the Sidekick 3 is actually better than the one on the Sidekick 2. The feedback is perfect, and the keys are just the right size and in just the right arrangement. I feel like I’d pretty much mastered the keyboard on the Sidekick 2, but I believe my typing speed has actually significantly improved since switching to the Sidekick 3.
- The MP3 player. I love iPods, but I also like variety and options, so I was very excited when I learned that the Sidekick 3 would have an MP3 player. It turned out to actually be a pretty decent piece of software. It does all the right things with ID3 tags, allowing you to browse your music by artist, album, genre, composer, and, of course, playlist. It supports two kinds of shuffle, has fairly decent navigation controls, and will even pause when you get an incoming call, then resume after you hang up. Well done.
- Expandable memory. If you’re going to have an MP3 player (and a 1.3 megapixel camera), you need someplace to put all the related media. The Sidekick 3 has a MiniSD slot which, in theory, is great, though see below as to why this could have actually been handled much better.
Unfortunately, that’s about all they got right with the Sidekick 3. Now for the considerably longer list of what they got wrong:
- First of all, the new Sidekick 3 has a much cheaper feel to it than the Sidekick 2. Almost everything is plastic these days, so I don’t fault it for that, but I do fault it for being very cheap feeling plastic. It looks and feels far less robust than the Sidekick 2. The screen sits slightly up above the rest of the phone and has too much play to it, both when it’s open and closed. My Sidekick 2 has been dropped, tossed, sat on, squished, and has been opened and closed thousands of times, and it still feels newer than my brand new Sidekick 3.
- And speaking of the screen, Danger (or perhaps I should say Sharp, since they manufacture the Sidekick hardware) completely screwed up the flip screen on the Sidekick 3. The flip screen was always the trademark of the Sidekick, and always had a good, solid feel. But the flip screen on the Sidekick 3 is awful. The back of the screen has two plastic bars which look like they are a part of the latch system, one of which actually sometimes catches on the upper left-hand button when the screen flips open. Unreal. I can already see where the plastic has taken a beating from opening and closing the screen. I’ve even seen the screen catch on the button and actually get caught mid-flip. I eventually found a way to reliably open and close the screen so that it doesn’t catch on the button, but the process still isn’t nearly as nice as the Sidekick 2. (For those Sidekick 3 users out there who doubt me, go unpack your old Sidekick 2 and open and close them a few times — you’ll instantly see how much better the old design was.)
- I really don’t know why they replaced the old roller with the new trackball. After using the roller for a few weeks (and moving the sensitivity all the way up), I guess I find it reasonably effective, but there doesn’t seem to be much point to it. The lighting effects are very cool, and the fact that you can navigate menus horizontally as well as vertically is interesting, but the old Sidekick had primarily vertical menus, and you always had the D-pad, so I’m not sure why they bothered to make the change. Maybe there will be some apps in the future which will benefit from the trackball, but I personally find the old roller easier to grip, faster to use, and generally more effective.
- Yes, I like he MP3 player, but I really don’t like the fact that the USB interface on the device is only 1.1. I bought a 2GB MiniSD card, connected my new Sidekick 3, started transferring MP3s, and then picked up my Nintendo DS Lite to play Mario for over an hour waiting for the transfer to complete. In my personal opinion, MP3 players require USB 2.0 or Firewire interfaces. Or at the very least, the device should provide easy access to the media card so I can use my own USB 2.0 interface. In order to access the SD card on the Sidekick 3, you have to remove the back of the handset which is not nearly as easy has it should be. I sure hope my taste in music doesn’t change anytime soon, and I don’t get tired of the 20 albums I have on my Sidekick 3 because I don’t have time to refresh them.
- Another thing I think pretty much all MP3 players need is a standard headphone jack. I have a couple of pairs of headphones that I really like (noise canceling) which I can’t use because the Sidekick 3’s headphone jack is 1/16″ rather than the standard 1/8″. Yes, I know I can get an adapter, but that makes for a pretty clunky solution for something that shouldn’t have been a problem in the first place. I think the bottom line is that the Sidekick 3’s MP3 player is more to supplement your existing real MP3 player rather than completely replace it.
- Whenever I upgrade a wireless device, I expect two things right off the bat: better battery life, and a better signal than I got with the old model. There’s no reason in the world why battery and antenna technology should be moving backwards. With the new Sidekick 3, not only are neither better, but they are both actually worse. I got in the habit of charging my Sidekick 2 every night just in case I needed to have an especially long conversation the next day, but typically, the Sidekick 2’s battery would get me through two days of some moderate IMing, a couple very short conversations (I don’t talk on the phone much), and a few emails. The Sidekick 3, on the other hand, needs to be charged every night or it will be completely dead by morning. And if you listen to some music and actually make a few phone calls during the course of a day, it might not even make it until bedtime. Anyway you slice it, that’s very bad. And so is the new Sidekick 3’s antenna. Most Sidekick 3 users probably won’t notice this since they probably moved their SIM cards from their Sidekick 2s to their Sidekick 3s (meaning the Sidekick 2 can no longer receive a signal), but I actually made it a point to have both operational simultaneously to compare signal strength. Once again, the Sidekick 2 did better than the Sidekick 3. The difference is not drastic, but for places where you would normally only have one bar, and now you have none, that’s drastic enough.
Of course, there are several other new features which are supposed to make the Sidekick 3 better which, in my opinion, really don’t:
- New form factor. I do like that the Sidekick 3 is slightly smaller than its predecessor, however the cheapness of the Sidekick 3 combined with the fact that the shoulder buttons got harder to press when the screen is up, and all the other buttons got harder to locate and press as well, makes the design of the Sidekick 2 superior.
- The application menu is hierarchical now. This is one I’m really pretty ambivalent on. I use keyboard shortcuts to get to most apps anyway, so I don’t really care how they are organized. I could see much more use for this feature if you could organize your applications into custom folders or some such metaphor, but you can’t.
- Backgrounds. I can’t believe they even bothered to implement this “feature”. One of the big criticisms of the Sidekick 2 was that you couldn’t customize your wallpaper which every other phone in the world supports. The Sidekick 3 now lets you choose between four pre-packaged wallpapers with very hip names like Liquid, Madison, Rodeo, and Surface, but of course, you still can’t actually create your own. So if you were hoping to replace those very fashionable cartoon Hiptop users with pictures of your children, no dice.
- Bluetooth. If you just have to have a Bluetooth headset, then you’ll appreciate the Sidekick 3’s new Bluetooth support. Personally, I don’t like Bluetooth headsets. I think the burden of having to keep your headset charged and having to travel with another AC adapter outweigh the benefits of wirelessness. Of course, that’s not the Sidekick’s fault, so I can’t count that against it. However, I can count against it the fact that I can’t transfer files between my computer and my Sidekick via Bluetooth. Obviously I wouldn’t want to transfer MP3s (if I wanted the process to be slow, I’d just the USB 1.1 interface), but it would be nice to be able to transfer notes, small images, etc. If you’re going to advertise Bluetooth support, it should support more than just Bluetooth headsets and vCards. Besides, I can’t imaging how abysmal the battery life would be if I left Bluetooth turned on.
- EDGE support. EDGE stands for Enhanced Data (rates) for GSM Evolution which is supposed to make 2G data services faster. Personally, I have noticed zero difference between the Sidekick 2s data rates, and the Sidekick 3s. Am I supposed to call T-Mobile and ask them to turn it on? Does it cost extra? Is the air in San Francisco not conducive to high-speed wireless data transfer? What am I missing?
- 1.3 megapixel digital camera. If only picture quality were as easy as adding pixels. The Sidekick 2 took crappy little pictures, and now the Sidekick 3 takes crappy big pictures. Photography is about capturing light, and capturing light is about optics, not CCD size. Frankly, I don’t consider the new camera to be much of an improvement at all.
So in case you couldn’t tell, I’m thoroughly disappointed with the new Sidekick 3, and for the life of me, I can’t figure out why there haven’t been more negative reviews out there. Maybe I have unrealistically high expectations. Maybe I’ve just been in a bad mood for the last month. Even though I predict that Sharp will be manufacturing an updated version of the Sidekick 3 within a year, I’m recharging my Sidekick 2 to hold me over until I find a new wireless solution.
google sidekick themes and youll find backgrounds that will get rid of the cartoon people. but does anyone know how to make an mp3 song my ringtone.??
google sidekick themes and youll find backgrounds that will get rid of the cartoon people. but does anyone know how to make an mp3 song my ringtone.??
Apparently making an MP3 your ringtone can’t be done….
If anyone does know how to PLEASE SHARE!
ohhh.. haha,.. figures
i mean they cant fit EVERYthiNG in it. =]
but im havin some troubles with the themes.
i cant go to sk3themes.com no more.
is anyone else having the same problem????
my sidekick 3 was cheap one week later after i got it the bumper fell of my track ball doessnt roll and some of my bottons dont work and the phon is only 3 months old.
well how much did you pay for it and where did you get it. im about to buy one on ebay…. lol [hope that the same doesnt happen to me.!!] =] lol
I decided to buy Sidekick3 mainly to pickup emails on the train and quick googling… well, to the point if “air in San Francisco not conducive to high-speed wireless data transfer”… what should I say about London, UK?
I lose even a generic GSM(!) connects… can’t send SMS, constantly get people recording me voicemails because they can’t reach me.
It’s just a gadget without proper software… Danger in the UK sells literally 5 games and some stupid ringtones.
MP3 player IS A JOKE because you can’t fit any other headphones but the factory junk ones.
Now almost every phone can fetch emails…
and that’s my last Sidekick, for sure.
yeah I just got my sidekick 3 two days ago and I’m pretty dissapointed that the back of the screen catches on the silver plastic on the upper left corner, I don’t know if that’s what you mean, but yeah I can see the wear from the screen cathing on that when opening and closing thats pretty much the only problem I have with the sk3. The internet is actually faster than I thought it would be although it would be cool to be able to here songs on people’s myspaces haha but that’s okay. Photo quality isn’t really that bad if you know how to take pictures right. I can see how the photo quality wouldn’t be good if you just want to take a quick picture though. Overall I think the sidekick 3 is amazing.
i live in the dominican republic, but right now in miami for vacations, im dyinnng to get a sidekick. but i was told the internet conection and text messaging couldn’t be used were i live…:S plus i would have to pay to unlock it once i get to the D.R…
does anyone know about this…!
i agree with everything in here.
the plastic feel is pretty gross,
and its falling off.
i do not have service anywhere i used to on my verizon phone, and everything is slow even when i do have 4 bars.
the camera flat out sucks,
and i am extremely dissapointed.
i also can not get it to charge at all,
and i have tried for the last 2 days.
i took out the battery and put it back it to see if it would do anything but now it wont turn on.
I can’t believe what people is writing on this site I have a sidekick 3 and never had have a problem with it I think is great!….
People don’t hate this people hate sidekick 3 because they all have the sidekick 2 and I guess they get stuck up in the past upgrade loosers sidekick 2 not even exist anymore.
oh my goodness. Boy are you right. Sidekick III sucks. Mine is almost completly defective the space key on the keypad used to work and now it works as the “enter” key. Im so mad. And now out f nowhere the trackball has also become defective, it still rolls but it doesn’t even click which means I can’t use any of the features on the sidekick except for making phone calls (and the numbers i can only call are those that i have memorized because i can’t even open the phone book) boo.
I have always been a big fan of the sidekicks and have transitioned from the SK1 to the SK2 and have had the SK3 pretty much since it came out. I agree with most of the sentiments, the 2 was definitely way better than the 3. Held service better and held up with abuse dropped it many times – never had a problem. I am on my 3rd sidekick 3, where do I start – my biggest problem has it that with any kind of pressure, I could as much as put it into my purse and it turns itself off, resets itself to December 31st and clears out all my phone memory, call logs, TEXT MESSAGES etc!!! This is very annoying! They have changed the phone, sim and battery and it did it continued doing it immediately with the 2nd replacement they sent me – and it came with even more problems I’m assuming because it was refurbished although they “claim” its new. Now my service has gone to hell, in the same places I used to have great service. I’ll have my phone infront of me, it’ll have bars yet it wont ring!! I just got the third replacement yesterday and as of today, it has already restarted itself once. I called t-mobile and told them that i am no longer interested in teh sidekick because of all the problems and they cannot replace it with another phone, unless i shell out more money and upgrade. I have been a long standing fan of the sidekick but the 3 has done me in… I cannot even use my headpiece coz everyone complains they hear an echo. I tried setting up my school “pop” account to route messages to my sidekick and it refused to work. The only good thing about the 3 is messenger which i faithfully use. I wouldn’t recommend it!!
dude what are you talking about?
you can pick your own sounds, icons, background, everything, make it yourself and upload it.
I’m on here to complain about the sidekick for one simple reason:
1. To inform those who possibly want to buy one. DON’T!
2. To comfort those who already did and are mad as hell, like me.
The object is to make people feel better, and to possibly be just one more notch into TMobile’s side that makes them finally address some of the problems. Signal being the biggest.
Here I sit in the bay area of california, and ohhh I’ve got 4 bars. Soon as I pick it up and start typing? Better type fast. Cuz the signal timer is counting. If I don’t set the phone down within 30 seconds, I lose it.
Then it’s using smoke signals to log in, possibly transmitting a PICTURE of my login name and password. As that’s the only explanation I can come up with for why a wireless device might take MINUTES to reconnect.
I just wish it took even half that time before it would disconnect.
As it stands, it’s VERY VERY ANNOYING to have something that would be nearly perfect, and get a slap in the face EVERY time I go to use it … with POOF. No signal for u. Reconnecting in 20 minutes, thank you and have a nice day.
So for those who don’t want me to bitch? Shut your cake hole. I’m trying to HURT tmobile, get it? Good.
Wow a lot to read both reviews and comments..well the reason I read this is because I just got a sk2 and I was wondering if I messed up and should have got a sk3
This made me feel better on the sk2..except the whole change background thing but oh well I get my fix from the screensaver..
If anyone wants to discuss futher let me know
Aim = kristiehartsyou
I’m normally on
Oh btw my sk2 has more reception then the razrs and samsung and my old motorola ..don’t know why but won’t complain
This phone is nice and its the sh*t where I live but really what kinda phone u know doesn’t have the basic like a calc or an alarm clock and u can’t even play ur own music on here so much money for a piece of junk the reception is terrible and lets not get to the quality of the pics. And if u wana download an application for an alarm clock or watever u gota pay be serious. I’ve had it for about 2 wks and its goen bac. Good luck to those who is goen to buy this phone u will be dissappointment.
P.s I heard another side kick is coming out smaller with video camera by the end of 07 maybe that one will be better.
I’ve had my good ol’ Sidekick 2 for a few years and my Sidekick 3 for less than a year. Most definitely I like the SK2 much better than the SK3. It has a stronger signal and is more stable than the SK3 which disconnects and reconnects all the time. I have never had any spam problems on the SK2 as I do on the SK3. Spam invades my SK3 daily and I have to discard and empty those damnable disgusting spam messages constantly. I don’t open them, period. I just dump them unopened and pray that someday T-Mobile or Danger, Inc. can come up with a new feature that blocks spam from our Sidekick 3s. I’m holding my SK2 dearly to my heart and praying that it doesn’t die on me for a very long time.
Oh, there are several more good things about the Sidekick 2…. it has louder alerts and stronger vibrations compared to those of the Sidekick 3. SK3 is sooo wimpy. I like the keypad of the SK2 because it lights up when emails and text messages come in and the flashing is very bright and can catch my eyes. I always keep the SK2 on “vibrate” because I don’t want it to wake the family late at night, so it helps when the flashing kedpad lets me know a message is in. The trackball of the SK3 lights up, but it is pretty dull and small. It is also confusing because it lights up while the SK3 is in networking status.
I wish they would produce lots more SK2s.
I agree that danger screwed up on the sk3, I got one on release day and can’t say I was ever happy with it, I actually felt like I was getting screwed. After dealing with non responsive trackball for a year I left the sidkick brand behind me. I switched to the MDA and haven’t looked back.
Thank you soo much everyone for the comments and the information about the sk2 and the sk3 iam defintaley getting the sidekick 2 now. THANKS!
you know, you can never expect something to be perfect the day it’s released. maybe it’s cause I’ve never used one before now, or maybe it’s just because it’s the first smartphone I’ve ever been able to call my own, But personally, I think it’s *the sidekick 3* is the best phone I’ve ever used. For anyone out there who says “just switch carriers” it’s not so easy for those of us residing in the US, cause as far as I’m aware, the Sidekick is only available on the T-Mobile Network. I’m extremely happy with it. I do have a question though: with the custom themes routine, I already know how to add custom backgrounds and such, but how would I go about changing the sounds? What kind of sound should it be? MP3? AIFF? wav? I have never really known. I can’t get sounds to work
This review sucks…sorry to be basic about my review terms but its the truth..this guy obviously doesnt know a THING about phones other than how to hate them. I personally am a phone-fan-atic and without any form of gloat or “showoff”ness have owned dozens of phones. I replace them new, use them, evaluate them(for a reputable magainze/online review board), and then sell them off. Sometimes I get to try them for free–a perk that is attached to hours of paperwork.But, I have tried all of the sidekick models, from 1-3, and now the new lx. I have never given a bad review, and am not on their payroll. They are good phones! But if I must negate the sidekick use, I would start by saying that the LX has newer features than the 3, but they are the same phone!, both of which are better than the predecessors. In response to your battering, I have the following:
-Battery Life-an all-purpose phone that can talk,text,IM,email,web-browse,play music,download features,vibrate,flip, house a full QWERTY keyboard, and more will OBVIOUSLY not have very enduring battery life!!! It has too many features to keep up with it! As far as your “review” on the SK2’s battery life, you either posses a “super battery” or you have an SK without the need because you don’t put it to its optimum use! SK’s are text/im machines. They are made for the socially-inclined, extroverted members of our society.
2. Plastic Design-factory information for you, SK3 added a heavy-duty, impact-bearing plastic to its SK3 line that added several damage-free components that were being left free on the SK2. Compare apples to apples, not apples to your opinion.
3. Trackball-your complaint is one of few, due to a heavy market-research conducted by the company prior to the release of SK3 and one of the number one complaints on the SK2 line was the annoying mouse-like component..often breaking off, jamming, and not working properly. The trackball was designged to light up, work at light speeds, and take the pain away frmo surfing through pages. USE IT WISELY
The only probably argument in your evaluation was the screen quality, which was attended and revised in the SK LX revision that just came out
hey, loved your review, only wish i had read it sooner. i recently purchased the sk3 on ebay. i hadn’t been a fan of sidekicks, but was urged to get the sk3. i decided to give it a try, even though i have a very loving relationship with my nokia 5300.
all the reviews i read were mostly positive, i splurged and got sk3. recieved it just today and i hate the damn thing. bluetooth is terrible, the mp3 player supports ONLY mp3 files (not wma or anything else), i can’t transfer my music OR my ringtones, the card slot is huge so my tiny card from my nokia won’t fit, there’s no video, the pictures are pretty much terrible, my battery has already died, reception is a joke, and to top it all off the EDGE doesn’t even work at my location.
needless to say i’m re-listing it on ebay, hoping to find a sucker that read all the same positive reviews.
My sidekick worked great for the first few months (I’ve had it for a year). Soon after, it started randomly turning off and resetting alllll the time which meant for hours or even DAYS I lost my phonebook, notes, ringtones, backgrounds, applications and recent call list.. and everytime it resets it PERMANENTLY DELETES all my photos, texts, and emails not saved to the SIM card (which means most of them).
Now to top it off, I have ben having problems connecting to the network for 3 months. The “G” in the top right corner disappears and turns into an empty phone shape, and for minutes or (more often) hours and sometimes even days I cannot make or receive calls, make or receive texts, use the web or instant messenger and emails are delayed. So basically if my car broke down on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere I’d be SOL with no way to communicate with anyone at all. I have spoken with t mobile on the phone twice about this issue and they have not been helpful, instead they give me dumb “solutions” for my problem, which NEVER fix anything at all. All I want is for them to send me a new phone that actually WORKS but they are avoiding that at all costs!
Hey, I agree with most parts of this. but that whole battery thing really gets me going, i mean obviously the phones gunna die faster if u use the mp3 player.. it also has a stronger vibration.. it has its ups and downs.. its a decent phone..
I remember a time when I used to daydream of this phone,….WHAT THE HELL WAS WRONG WITH ME!!!???
I got my Sidekick 3 free after someone I knew no longer wanted it, I remember bieng so excited about it. I’m not a previous Sk 2 user but I HATE The Sidekick 3! Here’s some reasons why,
-It’s very bulky and when you put it in your pocket it looks and feels like a damn tumor!
-the trackball is slow and often won’t go the direction you want.
-you can’t use it with one hand like a regular phone, so say you’re walking down the sidewalk drinking a soda,…if you want to call your friend,…”HA HA YOU SUCK!” the sidekick 3 says to you, and makes you completely resituate yourselfJUST TO DIAL! Or you could attempt using the trackball to dial,..which is impossible!
-the Mp3 player sucks and seems more like they threw it in just so they could use it as a reason some poor bloke should get it.
-when you flip the swivel screen it latches on to a little plastic piece of the phone and you have to reposition it.
-It’s very cheaply put together and rattles and clanks like a happy meal toy.
-Maybe this is just my phone in particular,..but It can’t receive picture messages! All I get is this damn web adress! Don’t you think the point of a pic message is convenience,..if I wanted to go online to get my pictures then why not send them to my damn Email.
-the memory card slot is in the dumbest place ever!
-It’s battey life doesn’t last me half the day so I have to turn it off and reseve it for emergencies.
-It’s too quiet!
-It’s way too expensive for what A piece of overrated crap it is!
The only good thing I can say about it is two things;
1. The keyboard is easy to use and wery comfy.
2. it manages to have a good enough web browser for me to have written this little rant using it,..
I’m selling this damn phone!
This phone is my mortal enemy.
If it was a person, I’d hire someone to “take him out”
No,…I’d have to have the pleasure of doing it myself.
With a large blunt object.
I’ve found myself cussing this phone out at a public place as if I were in a vicious fight because it’s bieng un co-operative.
Maybe I have anger issues,….maybe,.. But you know what,….the Sidekick three is why I do,….that stupid bitch,…
I reallly want to get a Sidekick, and until yesterday, i was SET on a sidekick 3. not anymore! i changed my mind 100%. from what i read here, the sidekick 3 is reallly terrible. i’m going to purchase a sidekick 2 now. thanks to EVERYONE for writing this article. without it, i would have bought a sidekick 3, which is obviously a mistake.
i wish more sidekick 2’s were out for sale. it’s pretty hard to find them these days.
I completely agree. My first sidekick 3 the backlight went out and now this one’s screen is messed up.
ahh, i don’t have much to say. as a owner of the sidekick three (upgraded from a razr) i’d say the sidekick 3 sucks. i’m purchasing an lx, and it better not dissapoint me. i’ve had so many troubles with these phones, the charging stopped working, the backlight went out, and all becuase of simple drops of my phone. i could drop a shitty razr over and over and it would never have the problems that this 300 dollar phone has. the problem with the sidekick service too? and how when i loose service i have to wait for the freaking sim card? no. not acceptable from a 300 dollar phone. bad for t-mobile. and don’t bother calling t-mobile for help. their customer service sucks ass.
Okay, well my sidekick 3 sucks . I loved it for like the first week, then it stopped recieving texts ? & it fails calls alllll the time. & when you swivel it, or whatever it is, It twist’s past where its supposed to, & someone twisted it to far & it broke, so now it doesnt swivel by just pressing it, you have to do it yourself now. It’s really dumb, I sold my 600dollar phone for this piece . & another thing is, i can’t even sell this to get another phone, the most i could get out of this piece is like 12 dollars. =/ it’s retarded, i extremely regret buying it.
I absolutely hate this phone. Sometimes, I am texting and a black “X” will appear over my bars icon. I then have to restart my phone to get my bars back. Its absolutely pathetic. If I knew this phone had such horrible features I would have NEVER bought it! I HATE THE SIDEKICK 3!!!!!
I HAVE A HIPTOP SLIDE, AND IVE HAD IT FOR A LITTLE OVER A YEAR NOW.. I HATE IT
ITS A PEICE OF CRAP
THERE IS SO MANY PROBLEMS WITH IT THAT U MAY AS WELL ASK ME WHATS GOOD ABOUT IT,
I CANT WAIT TO GET A NEW PHONE!!